Commercial truck accidents have been known to cause some of the most devastating injuries and even fatalities. Those who survive may find themselves struggling to cover costs, recuperate, and have trouble coping with the emotional burden of the trauma they endured. If this sounds like what you are going through, it is important for you to know that you are not alone.
You may require the legal support of a top-rated Henderson 18-wheeler accident lawyer at H&P Law. When you need a qualified and experienced Henderson truck accident lawyer you can count on, our team is here for you. Contact our office to request a free consultation today and learn more about liability for your damages, the value of your claim, and Nevada personal injury laws that could have an impact on the outcome of your case.
Do Not Make the Mistake of Waiting to Get Started
Every state sets deadlines for how long the state, corporations, and individuals have to file lawsuits and bring forward criminal charges. When you are critically injured in a tractor-trailer accident, the Henderson personal injury lawyer statute of limitations applies. Here, you will have just two years to file your lawsuit.
Unfortunately, if the two-year statute of limitations deadline expires, it could be catastrophic for your case. Most civil court systems will bar you from pursuing your case further. This means you will be prohibited from having your case heard in a court of law.
While two years may seem like plenty of time to file a claim, there are many claims in which this is not the case. The statute of limitations deadline could temporarily pause, which would give you additional time to pursue your case if extenuating circumstances arise. The best way to find out how much longer you have to file your claim is to connect with your 18-wheeler accident lawyer in Henderson, NV to discuss your legal options further.
Your 18-Wheeler Accident Case in Henderson Could Be Worth More than You Thought
Many 18-wheeler accident victims are surprised to find their damages are worth far more than they were expecting. One of the top ways liable parties and insurance companies take advantage of accident survivors is by tricking them into accepting less than their claims are worth. However, you have the right to be made whole or fully repaid for your damages, which might include:
- Economic damages – Economic damages are a type of compensatory loss that describes only monetary damages. These might include loss of income, medical expenses, future healthcare costs, vehicle repair or replacement fees, and any other out-of-pocket costs and financial losses.
- Non-economic damages – Non-economic damages are also compensatory damages, however, they are not financial and account for emotional trauma, lifestyle damages, and the impact of the accident on the victim’s daily life. Some examples of non-economic damages could include pain and suffering, loss of consortium, mental anguish, emotional distress, indignity and shame, skin scarring, permanent disability, and more.
- Punitive damages – Punitive damages are not compensatory; they are only awarded to punish liable parties for behavior that is deemed grossly negligent, reprehensible, or intentionally malicious. They are meant to ensure liable parties are punished for egregiousness and send a message to the Henderson community that the civil court system will take cases like these seriously.
These are only a few examples of losses that could be recovered as part of your injury claim and damages that could be awarded as part of your personal injury lawsuit. Get a more specific idea of what your claim could be worth. Meet with a dedicated Henderson 18-wheeler accident attorney to find out what you could win.
The Henderson Truck Accident Claims Process
Understanding how truck accident claims unfold could make all the difference in the outcome of your case. Many of our clients feel empowered and confident in their claims once we explain what to expect from the process. While every case is different, here is a general overview of what you can expect when you get a Henderson truck accident attorney at H&P Law working for you:
Investigating Cause and Fault
We begin by investigating cause and fault. Many truck accidents are caused by negligent truck drivers. Some examples of negligent driving include:
- Drunk driving
- Driving while fatigued
- Aggressive driving
- Failure to yield or check blind spots
- Failure to stop
- Making unlawful turn
- Driving under the influence of drugs
However, negligent truck drivers are not the only cause of these collisions. Trucking companies often share the blame when they encourage and force their truck drivers to violate Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) rules and regulations, including hours of service rules. Our investigation into the cause of the accident will help us determine which parties should be held accountable for your damages.
Collecting Supporting Evidence
Throughout our investigation, we will collect valuable evidence to support your case. If you contact us soon enough, we may be able to meet you at the scene of your 18-wheeler crash, which will allow us to collect evidence that may only be available for a short period of time. Some examples of such evidence could include:
- Data obtained from the truck’s black box
- Witness and bystander statements
- Traffic cam footage of the collision
- Video obtained from your personal dashcam
- Copies of your medical records and personal testimony
- Statements from your healthcare providers, including information about your prognosis
- Copies of the truck driver’s employment, driving, and criminal history or records
Exploring Legal Options for Financial Relief
Truck accident victims have an opportunity to recoup their damages in full. Your 18-wheeler accident lawyer will review the details of your case to determine which legal options are most likely to result in maximum compensation for your damages. Many injury victims will have an opportunity to file claims against the liable party’s insurance policy. However, if the liable party is uninsured or lacks enough insurance coverage to meet your needs, we will be prepared to move forward with a personal injury lawsuit for your truck accident losses.
Get Help from Henderson’s Leading 18-Wheeler Accident Law Firm Today
There is no reason the liable party should get away with their negligent actions. With help from a reputable 18-wheeler accident attorney in Henderson, NV, you can demand they be brought to justice and held accountable to the fullest extent of the law. Fight for access to the financial compensation you deserve.
At H&P Law, our team advocates tirelessly for our client’s rights and will do everything possible to maximize their payouts. Are you ready to take back control of your life? Fill out our convenient contact form or call our office to schedule your free, no-obligation consultation as soon as today.