Nevada Slip or Trip and Fall Cases

The fact that a slip or trip and fall accident can happen in virtually any location means that we are all at risk of being injured on a day-to-day basis. A personal injury due to a slip or trip and fall can occur indoors or outdoors, on private or public property and at any time of the day or night during any season of the year. There are several factors that could contribute to cause of the accident including, but not limited to, unsafe or hazardous conditions such as cracked, broken or uneven ground surfaces, poor lighting in the accident area, slippery substances on the floor, and missing or loose handrails or steps on staircases or ramps.

Accidents Can Happen Anywhere

Research shows the most common slip or trip and fall accident locations to be the following:

  • Grocery Stores: Whether a big box, grocery chain or a mom-and-pop store, proving responsibility in these locations can be complicated because particular procedures may be required of an injured victim by the store when an accident happens.

  • Hotels or Resorts: The same is true for these types of cases (following procedure is key) as they are for slip or trip and falls that happen in grocery stores.

  • Private Homes: If the owner of the home is a friend or an acquaintance, these cases can get tricky even if the majority of any monetary compensation awarded will be paid by the homeowner’s insurance.

  • Small, Medium, and Large Businesses: A smaller enterprise may not have formal requirements when a slip or trip and fall occurs, while medium to large companies will likely have detailed procedures that must be followed in order to establish fault and prove liability.

  • Leased Homes or Apartments: The responsible party may be the landlord, the tenant, or both depending on the particular circumstances of the case when someone slips or trips and falls on rented property.

  • Public Spaces: A personal injury claim that occurred on a public space (such as a park, sidewalk, or other government-owned land) against is inherently more complex because of red tape in filing a claim and the shortened statute of limitations for filing a lawsuit.

  • Workplaces: Accidents that happen at your place of employment should covered by worker’s comp insurance, unless you are a contract worker in which you would need to sue the employer directly.

Contact a Nevada Slip or Trip and Fall Lawyer    

As with any personal injury claim, slip or trip and fall cases can be complicated. If you or a loved one has been injured on someone else’s property as a result of another’s negligence, contact a Nevada personal injury lawyer today to preserve your rights under state law and learn about any compensation that may be owed to you. The skilled attorneys at Parry & Pfau have recovered millions of dollars on behalf of clients in personal injury cases. Contact one of their attorneys at (702) 879-9555 today for your initial consultation.

(image courtesy of Andrew Kambel)

0 Points